Why Supplement Your IT?
When it comes to IT management, the dilemma many executives face is always in balancing the cost and quality of services. If you already have an in-house management team, this impasse even heightens more.
Why? Some may ask.
It’s natural for organizations to feel that their IT departments are overwhelmed or limited in size — once in a while or even all the time. So, you begin thinking of outsourcing support. But, at what cost? Do you do away with the existing crew? Do you go the hard way, spend more bucks on facilitating capacity building for your staff, and improve your equipment?
Whichever route you take, you will end up in the longstanding gridlock of having to choose between in-house IT support and external management.
Outsourced vs. In-house IT Management… How Supplemental IT Enables You Get The Best Of Both Worlds
Outsourced management comes with state-of-the-art technologies. IT support firms are known to always be at the forefront of technology trends. You also get to access a larger pool of experts with in-depth knowledge and experience in optimizing network performance. However, the problem is that you fear they may not blend with your way of doing things. Isn’t it scary to have an IT management team that does not blend with your organization’s business aspect?
The in-house department knows every minor detail of your network. They have been with your enterprise long enough to understand your customers. The solutions they design are based on years of experience in championing the organization’s aspirations. IT is too fast in its evolution that the handful in personnel you have is straining to keep up.
Either of the options has a fair share of windfalls and drawbacks. As a typical business leader, you want to savor all the benefits at no opportunity cost. Well, it turns out Supplemental IT allows you to do precisely that.
The arrangement allows you to improve the efficiency of your in-house IT staff by seeking external support. So, you get to relish the benefits from both your existing and outsourced IT teams. To some extent, you could say that the service provider serves as an external branch of the in-house team.
Who Needs To Supplement Their IT Teams?
Even the biggest multinational corporations supplement their IT departments once in a while. Any executive who feels that their IT experts are overwhelmed should consider seeking co-management.
So, how do you know that your technicians are stretched beyond their limits?
- They Are Overworking: An IT expert is not any different from your regular staff. They, too, have families to go to at night or spend weekends with. They are also entitled to vacations. If you realize that your experts do not enjoy these benefits, you are overworking them.
- They Are Not Proactive: Given that they have too much to do in less time, overwhelmed technicians cannot devise proactive measures. They only exist to handle tasks and complications thrown their way. Is this dangerous? Yes, the cost of solving glitches is always higher than that of preventing them.
Other signs to look out for are poor time management, reduced concentration levels, increased aggressiveness, and missing on simple procedures like patches.
Your IT department might also only be overwhelmed during peak seasons. You can supplement it temporarily until the demand reduces to a level that they can manage.
What Are The Benefits Of Supplemental IT?
- You Can Make Predictable Budgets: With your in-house IT department, you will always be required to chip in financially whenever there is a glitch. Now that you are working with an overwhelmed team, the chances of those complications are a bit higher. For starters, supplemental IT comes with better quality services and limited incidents. Once you have paid your monthly service bill, any minor inadvertent hitches are handled by the service provider. The two factors create a financially stable environment where you can draft predictable budgets. In this manner, you are better placed to monitor your financial trajectory and growth patterns.
- Experienced Technicians Support You: You can not compare your ‘IT Guy’s’ depth of subject-matter expertise to highly-trained specialists synonymous with IT support companies. Any established service provider is keen on acquiring competitive industry-recognized experts; it’s their first selling point anyway. The experts are also routinely facilitated to attend development programs to keep them abreast of emerging technological issues. If you contract the support firm to supplement your crew, you have unlimited access to this wealth of skill sets and experience.
- It Helps You Save on IT Costs: You must have realized that you are always going to spend more on IT than other equally critical functions. With supplemental IT, it doesn’t always have to be this way. The arrangement saves you from buying, installing, and maintaining software and hardware, and paying wages and allowances for additional technicians.
- You Access Top-Notch Technology: It is the business and in the interest of IT support firms to have the latest technologies. By outsourcing supplemental support, you automatically access the service provider’s ultramodern equipment.
- You Can Seek Help at Any Time: At times, you only need help for just a few months per year. You wouldn’t want a three-year contract whose services you will not need most of the time. Supplemental IT is flexible; you seek assistance when necessary, and disengage when demand is low.
What’s more? You have experts monitoring your systems all-day-every-day, allowing your staff to take routine breaks for rejuvenation.
Is That All?
No, you also get to maintain your regular staff to help shape these superior solutions to address your needs precisely. You can seek supplemental support for labor-intensive and time-consuming tasks, as your in-house team optimizes business-centered functions. It’s a win-win situation.
Why Supplemental IT From OnPar Technologies?
Unlike other support firms, we provide supplemental IT as one of our primary services.
Our supplemental IT solutions are designed to:
- Support your existing team with the expertise that they need.
- Train your experts on the latest technologies.
- Help you handle transitions to evolutionary platforms like the cloud.
For more information on supplemental IT and co-management, please reach out now.