How Microsoft Sentinel Uses Threat Intelligence to Stay Ahead of Cybersecurity
- Cyberattacks are becoming more sophisticated and widespread, making data your best friend
- Data analytics is critical for security, but it’s only part of the puzzle – people and processes are also important
- Threat Intelligence continues to be a top priority for organizations, as it allows you to identify and respond to emerging threats quickly
- Microsoft Sentinel is a solution that addresses the need for comprehensive data analytics
The Threat Intelligence Value Chain
Digital transformation is resulting in more business opportunities but also more cyber threats. Cyberattacks, social media hacks, and data breaches have become headline news. Companies need to do more to protect themselves, starting with understanding the evolving cybersecurity landscape. As digital transformation accelerates, so do the opportunities for criminals. Data is now being generated and shared at an unprecedented rate, creating new vulnerabilities for businesses.
Threat Intelligence (TI) is a critical part of an effective security strategy, providing the latest information on threats and how to protect against them. We expect the threat intelligence value proposition to expand in scope and depth to help organizations keep pace with the ever-changing threat landscape. According to the latest research reports, the threat intelligence market is expected to grow to $15.8 billion by 2026, up from $11.6 billion in 2021. Given the rapid increase in cyber threats, it is clear that businesses need to invest in threat intelligence if they want to stay ahead of the curve.
Through AI, businesses can better understand their cybersecurity posture and threats. AI can help identify patterns in data that would otherwise be undetectable and provide insights into potential threats. Additionally, AI can automate the response to attacks, helping to contain the damage and minimize the disruption to business operations.
Microsoft Sentinel: A Solution That Protects Your Business With Threat Intelligence
Microsoft Sentinel is a cloud-native security information and event management (SIEM) solution that ingests stores. It analyzes data from various sources to give you a unified view of your organization’s security posture. It uses advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques to detect, investigate, and respond to threats in real time. Microsoft Sentinel is Microsoft’s latest offering in the threat intelligence space, providing a comprehensive solution for businesses of all sizes.
Microsoft Sentinel includes several features that make it an effective solution for protecting your business:
- Machine Learning: Microsoft Sentinel uses machine learning to detect and respond to threats in real-time. Machine learning algorithms are constantly being updated as new threats are identified, making Microsoft Sentinel a highly effective solution for protecting your business.
- Big Data Analytics: Microsoft Sentinel uses big data analytics to help you identify trends and patterns in your data. This information can improve your security posture and effectively investigate and respond to threats.
- Threat Intelligence: Microsoft Sentinel provides the latest information on threats to stay ahead of the curve. Additionally, Microsoft Sentinel’s threat intelligence team is constantly monitoring the latest threats and providing updates to the system, so you can be sure you’re always up-to-date.
What Is Threat Intelligence?
Threat Intelligence is the process of gathering, analyzing, and making use of information about threats. It can improve an organization’s security posture and investigate and respond to threats more effectively.
Threat Intelligence can be divided into several categories:
- Business Threat Intelligence: This type of threat intelligence focuses on the business impact of threats. It can be used to assess the risks posed by threats and to make decisions about how to respond to them. Business threat intelligence can also support decision-making, risk management, and security operations. This type of intelligence can also be used to help a business recover from an attack.
- Technical Threat Intelligence: This type of threat intelligence focuses on the technical aspects of threats, such as the methods and techniques used by attackers. Technical threat intelligence can improve an organization’s defenses by providing information on how to detect and prevent attacks. Technical threat intelligence can investigate attacks that have already occurred and determine the incident’s root cause.
- Strategic Threat Intelligence: Strategic threat intelligence focuses on the bigger picture, such as the motivations and objectives of attackers. It can be used to understand the threat landscape and to develop strategies for dealing with threats. Strategic threat intelligence can also assess an attack’s impact and develop plans for dealing with the aftermath.
Why Is Threat Intelligence Important?
In the business world, intelligence gathering is nothing new. It’s a critical part of any company’s competitive strategy. However, the rise of digital threats has made threat intelligence a necessity for all businesses, not just those in highly competitive industries. Digital threats come in many forms, including viruses, malware, phishing attacks, and ransomware.
These threats can significantly impact an organization, causing financial damage, data loss, and reputational damage. Threat Intelligence can help organizations mitigate the risks posed by digital threats. By gathering information about threats, analyzing it, and using it, businesses can make more informed decisions about how to protect themselves. Additionally, threat intelligence can help businesses respond more effectively to attacks.
How Can Microsoft Sentinel and Its Threat Intelligence Feature Help Your Business?
Helps You Identify Vulnerabilities in Your Systems
Microsoft Sentinel’s big data analytics capabilities help you make sense of the vast amounts of data your organization collects. By identifying trends and patterns, you can gain insights that can help you investigate and respond to threats more effectively. Identifying threats early on can help you avoid costly damages and disruptions down the road.
Helps You Gain a Better Understanding of the Attack Landscape
Data is your best friend when safeguarding your organization from cyberattacks. Collecting and analyzing data from various sources gives you a more comprehensive understanding of the attack landscape. This, in turn, will help you develop a more effective cybersecurity strategy. A more comprehensive strategy will help you better protect your organization from the ever-evolving threat landscape.
Helps You Detect and Investigate Suspicious Activity
Sentinel’s machine learning capabilities can be used to detect and investigate suspicious activity. The platform’s machine learning algorithms are constantly improving, making it more and more effective at identifying potential threats. This can help you nip suspicious activities in the bud before they have a chance to do any damage. Security events are quickly identified and investigated, helping you avoid costly disruptions.
Gives You Better Visibility Into Your Applications, Data, and Infrastructure
Sentinel’s comprehensive platform can help you keep your finger on the pulse of your organization’s applications, data, and infrastructure. The platform’s real-time monitoring capabilities give you visibility into what’s happening across your entire IT environment.
Helps You Strengthen Your Cybersecurity Posture
In today’s increasingly interconnected world, having a strong cybersecurity posture is more important than ever. Sentinel can help you achieve this by providing the tools and insights you need to identify and respond to threats quickly and effectively. You can help keep your organization safe and secure by staying one step ahead of the attackers.
Microsoft Sentinel’s powerful capabilities can help you better protect your business against a wide range of cyber threats. As the threat intelligence market rapidly expands, it’s more important than ever to have a platform like Microsoft Sentinel in your corner.
OnPar strives to consistently bridge the gap between people and technology so that people are able to be successful and prosper. We view technology as an amazing and powerful tool that can propel people and businesses to new heights. We believe in unleashing your business so that you are able to be more productive and efficient than ever before.