Are You Only Scratching The Surface Of What Microsoft 365 Has To Offer?
Microsoft 365 is a powerful tool — do you know just how powerful it is?
Over the past few years, productivity suites have become more and more popular with businesses of all sizes, in a wide and varied range of industries. It’s the type of solution that has something to offer everyone.
Cloud-based technologies, in general, are changing the way users like you view the capabilities of their technology — especially Microsoft 365.
6 Key Benefits Offered By Microsoft 365
- A Vast Range Of Apps: The standard Microsoft Office only included a few core apps, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Microsoft 365, on the other hand has several other useful apps like SharePoint, Skype for Business, Yammer, OneDrive for Business, and Microsoft Teams. It also comes with additional enhanced services like Power BI, Delve, Forms, Sway, Flow, Stream, and Planner. These extra apps and services make Microsoft 365 more useful than the standard version.
- Simple & Secure Accessibility: The most significant advantage of Microsoft 365 is that you can access it from anywhere. Users can install it locally or use the online version at Office.com. It allows each user up to 15 installations with one valid enterprise license, i.e., five phones, five tablets, and five Mac/PCs. Microsoft made these changes deliberately to address the increasing demand for a mobile workforce. You can now work from home or on-the-go just as effectively as you would in a traditional office setup.
- Robust Security Features: Microsoft 365 uses a defense-in-depth approach to provide physical, logical, and data layers of security features and operational best practices:
- The Microsoft 365 Cloud App Security provides insight into any suspicious activity in the program. You can investigate situations that could pose a risk and if needed, take action to address them. You’ll receive notifications of triggered alerts for any unusual activities. Then you can view what data is being accessed and used and suspend any user accounts that exhibit suspicious activity. Afterward, if you authorize, the user can log back into Microsoft 365.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is another way that Microsoft 365 keeps your data more secure. MFA requires the consumer to utilize two methods to confirm that they are the rightful account owner. By setting up these types of verification, you add an extra layer of security to your nonprofit’s Microsoft 365 accounts.
- Microsoft 365 uses several strong encryption protocols, and technologies including Transport Layer Security/Secure Sockets Layer (TLS/SSL), Internet Protocol Security (IPSec), and Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). Encryption technology is a great way to protect important data. By making data unreadable to anyone who isn’t supposed to have access to it, you can secure files stored on your systems, servers, and mobile devices, as well as files sent via email or through file-sharing services.
- Built-in Mobile Device Management in Microsoft 365 Business allows you to manage access to your data securely. The built-in Mobile Device Management (MDM) lets you secure and manage your users’ mobile devices like iPhones, iPads, Androids, and Windows phones. You can create mobile device security policies, remotely wipe a device, and view detailed device reports.
- Automatic Updates: Enjoy the latest versions of your preferred apps like Microsoft Word and Excel, thanks to automatic patches and updates. No need to pay for version upgrades — updates are included in your subscription. New features are rolled out to Microsoft 365 customers regularly.
- Enhanced Collaboration: Additional apps and services like Teams and SharePoint enable you and your colleagues to work on projects simultaneously. You can see other member’s audits in real-time and receive instant notifications. Instead of sending file copies, you can share links to the online versions to ensure that every user has the most recent document. With Teams, you can easily switch to calls and video conferences directly from chats. All these features enhance collaboration and enable you to work on projects more efficiently as a team.
- Robust Data Security & Continuity: Microsoft 365 is hosted in the cloud, which is safer and less prone to hacks and data breaches. Glitches in your physical devices or local connectivity issues do not affect online access, which limits disruptions and enhances business continuity.
- Pay As You Go Pricing: Using Microsoft 365 is often more cost-efficient than alternatives, as you pay a low-cost per month for access to the desktop, mobile, and cloud-based applications you need. This tends to be less expensive with no upfront costs. Plus, upgrades are automatically released so there’s no need to pay for new software.
- Flexible And Customizable Plans: Custom fitting your Microsoft 365 plan to your specific needs is easy with the flexible plans offered. There is no need for an IT overhaul, as you can easily fit the new services into your existing strategy.
Want To Harness All Of Microsoft 365’s Benefits?
As the leading name in cloud business productivity software, Microsoft 365 offers a range of services and features designed to help you and your employees do more each day – but only if you know how to optimize your experience.
OnPar Technologies offers Microsoft 365 support geared to address the needs of today’s businesses. Our Microsoft 365 solutions are based on a tailored approach to workflow, ensuring that you have the correct version, setup, and integration of Microsoft 365.
Get in touch with the OnPar Technologies team to enjoy every benefit Microsoft 365 has to offer.
OnPar strives to consistently bridge the gap between people and technology so that people are able to be successful and prosper. We view technology as an amazing and powerful tool that can propel people and businesses to new heights. We believe in unleashing your business so that you are able to be more productive and efficient than ever before.