An internet outage or inaccessible systems can cost your company thousands of dollars every day, even if your business is small. That’s why it’s incredibly important to prepare for the worst, whether it’s a security threat, a natural disaster, or a power outage. This checklist will help guide your company toward an effective recovery plan.
- Are your company’s critical systems backed up on an hourly or daily basis?
- Are your company’s critical systems accessible in the cloud?
- Does your business have an emergency contingency plan in case a disaster strikes?
- If a disaster struck your office or business location, would your systems keep running, uninterrupted?
- If your systems were hacked or otherwise compromised, do you have clean data backups that can be implemented swiftly?
- If there is a system or server failure, can your company’s data and website be restored quickly?
- Are your employees aware of the latest security threats and how to identify them?
- Are your employees regularly informed about what to do if a system failure, cyberattack, or natural disaster occurs?
- Is each department in your company aware of what to do and how to collaborate in the event of a system failure, cyberattack, or natural disaster?
- Are employees outside of your IT department aware of what to do if a disaster strikes and are they trained to perform the basics?
- Does your business have redundant servers and data centers in various locations?
- Do each of your employees have an emergency contact list?
If you responded “yes” to eight or more questions, your company is on solid footing when it comes to disaster preparedness. If you responded “no” or “I don’t know” to some of these, contact OnPar Technologies today to assure your company is prepared!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-926-9619